Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Am Reggae


Playing, creating, recording, and listening to reggae music is what I do most when I'm not at work or in class at UMBC this fall. My name is Sam Waller and I've had a deep passion for music for as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to all sorts of music and took up playing the bass and eventually the guitar about 6 or 7 years ago. Just recently, I have grown very attached to a genre of music know as reggae. I played in a reggae-rock band called Chronic Rhythms for about 4 of those years and have been hooked on reggae ever since. The metronome-like guitar skanking, the overpowering rumble of the bass, the crack of the snare, the words of freedom echoing out of the speakers. In my opinion, its the most free-spirited and empowering genre of music out there.


word count 146.

2 comments:

  1. I listen to reggae quite often. Damian Marley, Rebelution, Ras Matthew. Id actually like to hear some of what your band makes if you guys have any mixtapes that you guys hand out or an upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reggae music! It always puts me in the best mood! I think that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete